Saturday 4 September 2010

Hi all. Just to let you know,I have finished the brake pipework at the rear of the car,and am waiting for my master cylinders and flexible brake hoses to arrive. I have also sent my front calipers off to biggred to be remanufactured.Cant be too careful with these things. I have also realised that rain is not my friend. And that building a kit car in your back garden has its down sides. My £60 car cover is ripped to shreds,and there is a permanent pool of water in the footwells and the centre tunnel,despite my best efforts at bailing them out whenever it rains. Also the brake disks are a nice shade of bright orange,and it is only going to get worse.
So I think it is time for phase II of the build area development. I am making a 4m x 2.5m car port which will extend out from the workshop and accross the back wall hopefully providing a much better enviroment for car building,especially as summer is over. I t will provide me some lighting possibilities as well for the winter months.
I will post some pics soon.
Cheers for now.
James

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi James,

Just found your blog after seeing a web link for the J15.... I moved from the UK to Australia 3.5 years ago so am a bit out of date on the kitcar scene....

I have a Fury which I managed to bring and register here in Oz.

I love the J15 and think it might be a future project for me, kitcars are notoriously difficult to engineer and register here !!

Keep up the good work !!

JamesB said...

Hiya Harry.
Thanks. There cant be to many Furys in Oz!
I bet you get alot of attention!
I am sure that it was a real struggle to get it over there and registered.
Worth it though,I'll bet!!

Unknown said...

Over here everything is V8 Falcons or Commodores - big fat cars. So when I am out and about in the Fury you get a lot of double takes.

Now and again you get interesting comments but generally the petrolheads just don't understand about lightweight cars, they just think big is better....

My car is the only one registered in Victoria as the equivalent of the DVLA had to add a new category for my Fury on their database.

Unfortunately it's hard to have fun as the speeding laws are draconian to say the least, the speed limit in Victoria is 100kmh and you will get a ticket at 4kmh over the limit, there are some awesome roads twisty but there are also a lot more dead straight tedious roads.

Good to see progress is ongoing, the car port will be essential during the autumn/winter months....

Keep the updates coming !

Unknown said...

Have a look at suncoast sport cars. They are licensed to do a kit from the j15. It is the GTZ and is based if a hyndai Getz.