Friday 2 April 2010

While we are on the subject...

Just thought I would share my thoughts on colour.
I have been planning a kit car build,on and off,since I was 15. I am now 41,and through the years,the car I have pictured me driving has changed from time to time,but my thoughts on colours has not really wavered.
Light/bright coloured cars are easy to see from a distance,you can see the shape of the car clearly,and the details and features can be readily seen.
On a darker coloured,or black car,you generally just see the shape,and loose alot of the details,in fact,you really just see a car shaped hole in the background! I have always pictured my car as being either light,(white or silver maybe). Or bright,(red,orange or yellow).But for no apparent reason,I can't see my J15 Spectre,as anything but black,albeit with the odd stripe or roundell.
It goes aginst my lifelong held image of my car.
In my mind,it should look right,in a classic,cool understated way.
Only time will tell,I guess.

No comments: